Many players do not have the opportunity to make a professional debut at the age of 17. In the Bundesliga, the record for the youngest player in the history of the competition is held by Nuri Sahin from Borussia Dortmund.
The Turkish player had the opportunity to carry out his professional debut at Borussia Dortmund when he was 16 years old, 11 months, 1 day. At that time Sahin immediately appeared as a starter and stole the attention through brilliant performances.
When cared for by Juergen Klopp, Sahin was loaned to Liverpool in 2012. Unfortunately, his career in the Premier League was not as bright as in the Bundesliga. However, Sahin remains listed as the youngest player in Bundesliga history.
No one has broken Nuri Sahin’s record in the Bundesliga. Although several talented young players have played their hearts, here is a list of the 10 youngest players in the history of the Bundesliga.
1. Nuri Sahin (Borussia Dortmund) 16 years, 11 months, 1 day
2. Yann Aurel Bisseck (FC Koln) 16, 11, 28
3. Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen) 17, 0, 15
4. Juergen Friedl (Eintracht Frankfurt) 17, 0, 26
5. Ibrahim Tanko (Borussia Dortmund) 17, 1, 30
6. Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund) 17, 2, 5
7 Josha Vagnoman (FC FC) 17, 2, 27
8. Simon Asta (FC Augsburg) 17, 3, 17
9. Maximilian Beier (Hoffenheim) 17, 3, 22
10. Julian Draxler (Schalke) 17, 3, 26